You might have come across with this question many times that which of both “On page SEO” and “Off page SEO” is better in comparison. Well to be very honest, there is no satisfactory answer. Where, SEO is important for your website, On page and off page SEO is important too. If you have very little or no knowledge about these two types, it’s better to consult with SEO experts rather than going down the Rabbit Hole. These SEO experts will guide you and suggest what steps you should do to optimize your web page. You can also do research at your own to explore which one is more valuable or the same. Now let’s understand each type separately.
- On-page SEO looks at what your site (or your page) is about
- Off-page SEO looks at how authoritative and popular your site is
What is off-page SEO?
Off Page SEO: Basically Off page is known as link building and promoting your websites via third party submission sites. The more links to your website, there is higher chance to get ranking for your website.
List of Off Page SEO technique from high Domain Authority (DA) and Page Authority (PA) websites:
- Social Media Engagement
- Social Bookmarking
- Article Submission
- Guest Blogging
- PDF Submission
- Press release submission
- Document Sharing
- Forum Submission
- Blog Directory Submission
- Question and Answer
- Video Submission
- Image Submission
- Infographics Submission
What is On-Page SEO?
On Page SEO: There are some important techniques to implement on the pages to increase the visibility and ranking of your website in search engine. This should be such as Website structure, website design, speed of the website, content of your website and other on page SEO factors.
List of On Page SEO technique for better result in Search Engines:
- Having optimized titles and descriptions
- Optimized URL Structures
- User-friendly navigation (breadcrumbs, user sitemaps)
- Optimized internal links
- Text Formatting (use of bold, italics, etc.,)
- Properly optimized H1 tag and other headings
- Image optimization (image size, proper image names, use of ALT text)
- User-friendly 404 pages
- Fast loading pages
- Mobile-Friendly pages
- High-quality fresh content (This is always the most important SEO factor!)
- External links (no broken links or links to ‘bad’ sites)